India Post issued recruitment selection of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in the Postal Circle of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Odisha, Jharkhand, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Karnataka etc. Post Office GDS Recruitment of Above 10,000 Vacancies in various states of All over India to be filled in 2017-18.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST and Female need not to pay Fee. They Can Register and apply Online directly with Registration Number. Candidates belonging to UR/OBC Male are required to make Fee payment after Registration Process and can Apply Online after availability of Fee ID and Registration Number. Candidates who has to pay fee payment can make payment only at Head Postoffices.No other mode of payment is allowed
- The minimum and maximum age for the purpose of engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks posts shall be between 18 and 40 years as on the last date of submission of application through online.
- The maximum age shall be relaxable by 03 (three) years to those belonging to OBC categories and 05 (five) years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST.
- [10 years for PH above the respective category]
- The candidate should pass 10th standard from approved state boards by the respective State Govt. / Central Govt. The state wise list of approved boards is at Annexure ‘A’.
- No weightage will be given for possessing any qualification(s) higher than the mandatory educational qualification.
- The Candidate passed Xth class examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
- The candidate should have computer knowledge and will be required to furnish basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute. Certificates from Central Government/ State Government/ University/ Boards etc., will also be acceptable for this purpose.
- This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification provided the candidate submits a certificate of Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification in which he/she has studied computer as a subject.
. SELECTION CRITERIA:-.
- Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory for taking candidate into account for calculating the merit.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, UR male.
- Candidate can opt any five choice of posts with preference of priority from the Circle/Circles applied. In case if the candidate is selected in all choices the lowest priority preference will be retained and all other candidatures will be forfeited. Ex : If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5 etc and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited.
- In case candidate willfully uploads wrong documents/information and unnecessary documents, his candidature will not be considered. Similarly in case the candidate enter marks erroneously either high or low with reference to marks list uploaded then the candidature will also not be considered.
- The candidate will get an SMS on his provisional selection on the prescribed date after selection. Mere getting SMS or any other communication on selection will not entitle the candidate to claim for regular selection/appointment. The final selection/appointment will be based on satisfactory completion of verification and genuineness of all educational & other documents produced by the candidates by the concerned authorities. a) Department is not responsible for non-receipt of email/SMS by the candidate due to any specific reason or without any reason arising out of providers services and other dependencies. However, a physical communication in regard to provisional selection intimation will be sent by respective recruiting authorities in due course as per the selection procedure.
- Candidate can view his/her result status in the website by providing the reference number till the results are announced. once results are declared and post is filled, it can be viewed in the results status which provides all details of the candidates applied for that post.
How to apply:-
Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or https://appost.in/gdsonline with the basic details to obtain the Registration Number.
1. Applicant of category OC/OBC Male should pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred) at any Head Post Office. Candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any Head Post Office to make the payment. For making the payment candidate should inform Registration Number at the PO Counter.
2. However, fee payment is exempted for all Female and SC/ST candidates. They may apply online directly through the provided link in the Website.
3. For applying online candidate should submit the application by providing information of Registration Number (and Fee payment Number once, in case of fee to be paid) to proceed to fill up the subsequent information. Documents once uploaded against one registration number will remain in the server hence for submission of subsequent posts or for other Circles, candidates need not upload any documents further. The candidates need to upload documents in the following format.
Last date for acceptance of GDS applications extended for the Circles :
- Punjab – 15/05/2017
- Gujarat – 15/05/2017
- Uttarakhand – 18/05/2017
- Chattisgarh – 20/05/2017
- Assam – 24/05/2017
- Haryana – 24/05/2017
- Maharashtra – 27/05/2017
- Delhi – 31/05/2017
- Karnataka – 31/05/2017
- North East – 05/06/2017
- Tamil Nadu – 05/06/2017
- West Bengal – 10/06/2017