Civil Services Exam 2018: Union public service Commission publishes the notification every year to recruit the candidates for various posts like IAS, IPS, and IFS etc. Candidates, who have completed their graduation from any recognized institute or university, can apply for the Civil services Examination. The candidates, who qualify the examination, are deployed in the various departments of the state and central government.
In the given post, candidates can know all the details about the application form, eligibility criteria, exam dates, exam pattern, and selection process. After reading all the details given in the post, candidates can apply and appear successfully in the civil services examination 2018.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAM 2018 WILL BE COMMENCED FROM 7TH FEBRUARY 2018.
Important dates for Civil Services Exam 2018- Released
The dates have been given in the following chart:
|Sr. No.||Name of the events of the IAS 2018 Exam||Date Assigned|
|1||Publication of official notification||7th February 2018|
|2||The last date to submit application forms||6th March 2018|
|3||Date of issuing of admit card||May 2018|
|4||Date of written examination (IAS 2018 Exam)||3rd June 2018||1st October 2018|
|5||Date of results declaration||August/September 2018||January/February 2019|
Note: The date will be tentative in nature.
Civil Services Exam Eligibility Criteria 2018
There are some points about the Civil Services Exam Eligibility Criteria 2018 which candidates need to keep in their mind before they apply for the examination. It is necessary for all to fulfill all the points to be eligible to apply for the civil services examination.
- Candidates must be the citizen of India, first.
- He must have qualified the bachelor level examination from any recognized institute or university.
- The minimum and maximum age of the candidates must be 21 years and 32 years respectively.
- The candidates of the reserved category will be given relaxation in the upper age.
- The relaxation in the upper age for the candidates of the SC and ST category will be 5 years.
- The candidates of the OBC category will get the age relaxation of 3 years.
Civil Services Exam Application form 2018
In the following points, candidates can get all the details as for how they can fill the civil services examination application form. The details are as given below:
- The civil services online application form will be available online on the official website of UPSC.
- The official website of UPSC is ‘www.upsc.gov.in’.
- Candidates will fill all the required information in the application form such as their name, age, educational qualification,
- There will be columns in the online application form where applicants shall have to upload the scanned photo and the signature.
- Besides that, there will be an application fee which every applicant will have to apply thru online mode only.
- The application fee for all the candidates of the general and OBC category will be Rs. 100.
- For the female applicants and the candidates of the SC and ST category, the application fee will be exempted from being paid.
- The application fee can be paid thru the credit card, debit card or net banking.
Civil Services Exam Admit Card
After filling and submitting the online application form, candidates will have to submit the application form, candidates will be issued admit card from UPSC.
- The admit card will be available on the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates can download the admit card in the pdf format.
- After downloading the admit card, candidates can take the printout of the same.
- There will separate admit card for all the candidates.
- It will be mandatory for all the candidates to take the admit card with them at the exam centre to be eligible to enter the exam hall.
Civil Services Exam Pattern 2018
There are three stages of the Civil Services Exam and the exam pattern for all the stages of the examination will remain as contradictory to the speculations of changes in the civil services exam pattern. The exam pattern will be as given in the points:
- There will be two stages of the examination viz. the preliminary examination and Mains examination.
- The pre-exam will include two question papers which will e conducted on the same day in two shifts i.e. in the morning and evening shifts.
- The Mains exam will consist of nine question papers and the details have been given in the tables below.
- The Mains exam will include the interview also.
Details of the Civil Services Pre Exam
|S.No.||Papers||Details of the question papers||Total Marks||Total Time|
|1.||Paper – I(General Studies)||General Studies – This paper will be counted for qualifying to write the Civil Services Mains exam.||200 Marks||Two Hours|
|2.||Paper- II (CSAT)||Aptitude test (CSAT) – This paper is of qualifying nature, but candidate must score at least 33% marks in this paper. However, marks of this paper are not counted for writing the Mains examination.||200 Marks||Two Hours|
|Total||400 Marks||4 Hours|
Details of the Civil Services Mains Exam
|S.No.||Papers||Details of the question paper||Total marks|
|1.||Paper – A||Language
Candidate can take any Modern Indian language but this paper is of qualifying nature
|2.||Paper – B||English –
This paper is of qualifying nature
|3.||Paper – I||EssayCan be written in the medium or language of the candidate’s choice||250 Marks|
(Indian Heritage and Culture,
History, and Geography of the World and Society)
|5.||Paper-III||General Studies -II:
(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
|6.||Paper-IV||General Studies -III
(Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
|7.||Paper-V||General Studies -IV
(Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)
Marks carried by General Studies papers are 4X 250=1000
|8.||Paper-VI||Optional Subject – Paper I||250 Marks|
|9.||Paper-VII||Optional Subject – Paper II
(Candidate is allowed to take up literature as an optional subject “without the condition of having it at the graduation level.)
|Sub Total (Written test)
(Marks of English and Language will not be counted in the total tally of marks for the written exam.)
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
Note: A candidate is allowed to use any one language from the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution or English as the medium of writing the examination.
Civil Services Exam Result
- After the commencement of the Civil Services Pre Exam, candidates will get the result within 4 or 5 weeks.
- Those, who qualify the pre-exam, will be eligible to appear in the mains exam.
- The mains exam will be commenced three months later of the announcement of the pre exam result.
- The result of the mains exam will be declared after the duration of 5 or 6 weeks.
- Henceforth, the interview of the successful applicants will be conducted.
- The final result of the exam will available in the month of March or June next year.
- The result of all the stages of the examination will be declared on the official portal of UPSC.