There widely recognized 7 continents in the world:-
- ASIA :- (43,820,000 sq km) It includes 50 countries. It is the most populated continent, the 60% of the total population of the Earth live here.
- AFRICA:- (30,370,000 sq km) It comprises 54 countries. It is the hottest continent and home of the world’s largest desert, the Sahara, occupying the 25% of the total area of Africa.
- NORTH AMERICA:- (24,490,000 sq km) It includes 23 countries led by the USA as the largest economy in the world.
- SOUTH AMERICA:- (17,840,000 sq km) It comprises 12 countries. Here is located the largest forest, the Amazon rainforest, which covers 30% of the South America total area.
- ANTARCTICA :- (13,720,000 sq km) It is the coldest continent in the world, completely covered with ice. There are no permanent inhabitants, except of scientists maintaining research stations in Antarctica.
- EUROPE :- (10,180,000 sq km)It comprises 51 countries. It is the most developed economically continent with the European Union as the biggest economic and political union in the world.
- AUSTRALIA :- (9,008,500 sq km) It includes 14 countries. It is the least populated continent after Antarctica, only 0.3% of the total Earth population live here.